Thursday 10 March 2011

Manga Art

After a trip to the library my youngest has borrowed this art book. I'm not thrilled with Manga Art as I find some of the drawings can be suggestive to say the least, you only have to take a look at the cover of this book to see that but once inside it does teach how to draw bodies and faces properly, as long as you're selective about the drawings that you practice with then I think you'll be alright.

After practising for a while my youngest chose quite a sweet picture to copy.

The same picture coloured in using her new pens bought for her birthday especially for Manga Art, they do have a name but I can't remember it off the top of my head ;o)

A Manga face typically has small features with huge eyes as in my daughter's drawing below.
She also got me a slow cooker recipe book, mmm I wonder what she's trying to say....

No comments: