Thursday 25 November 2010

Birthday Cake and weekly round up

Wow! What a gorgeous looking cake made by my son and it tasted good too :o)
It was made to celebrate my eldest daughter's birthday.

Love pictures like the one below: my youngest snuggled up in her 'pudsey' blanket enjoying a good book :o)
We are having a few weeks off lapbooking science and have decided to read about Archimedes instead, even though strictly speaking he was a mathematician, I think. However it is a really good read and would make a delightful lapbook but I think we really need a break, sort of winding down towards Christmas :o)

Above is my daughter's homework for art group.
We've finished our Cultures around the World lapbook, just haven't taken any photos yet so we've started a lapbook on Maps this week, just a quickie, sort of a refresher one as we covered maps a few years ago and my youngest has started her research on Elizabethan clothes.
We are doing Algebra in Maths and continue to work through an English workbook. My son is continuing with learning Java, but is currently away in London with his dad, so it's been a really quiet end to the week :o)

No comments: