Saturday 2 October 2010

Carrying on:

Tuesday:
My youngest continued with maths,which she's doing really well with whilst I whizz around the house implementing flylady again. Then we read Romeo and Juliet to refresh our memories and then went to the theatre to see the play. It was fantastic and well worth the money. My youngest, if who you remember hated anything to do with Shakespeare last year absolutely loved it and is still going on about it now so after much umming and arring, I'm really pleased we went.

Wednesday:
Maths, English and various lapbooks done today along with conker picking in the rain. This was alot more fun than it sounds and we managed to get a rather big bag full, enough to do our conker webs with (I'll take a photo when they are finished).

Thursday:
We went to the Theatre Royal again for a workshop to go along with the play. It was very good, they showed us how they practised understanding the play and how they got into character before they even knew the lines. After that we had lunch and then did a bit of shopping, replenishing my youngest's sock drawer... I'm not sure what she does with them but boy do they disappear!

Friday:
At some point during the week my youngest started working her way through an I.T. book so she spent the day finishing off a few projects in this mainly related to Romeo and Juliet. She continued her Middle Ages and Reproduction lapbooks and I'm pleased to say she isn't finding it confusing doing so many at once, she rather likes it.
Afterwards we watched Downton Abbey, a new series on BBC.
I've been cooking alot this week using my new book that hubby bought me. It's full of great sounding recipes, that are really easy to make, I can't wait to try them now :o)
Blogger is playing up and won't let me put in the link but it is www.fixfreezefeast.com for anyone who wants to find out more.

We've been to see the grandparents too at some point but you know when you get so busy you forget which day it is and everything becomes a blur... well that's what this week has been like for me. I feel sure I've missed something important out but I just can't remember what it is, oh dear I'm getting so old ;o)

No comments: